Sunday, July 20, 2008

Embarassed Admission, No. 537

I've been listening to a lot of ABBA for the past few weeks. Arrgghh! I said it! I just can't stop listening to "Waterloo" over...and over...and over again. I can't even excuse myself by explaining that I just watched "Mamma Mia!" and, because of said "Mamma Mia!," have the songs stuck in my head. I chose to download ABBA's greatest hits of my own volition.

All I can say is: thank God I don't have any indy cred to lose. It would've been torn to shreds long ago, about the time I downloaded "Elton John's Greatest Hits" onto my iPod. Oh, c'mon, like you've never listened to Crocodile Rock twelve times in a row.

Looking through my music library, I would have to list the following bands as my guiltiest pleasures. In no particular order:

ABBA
The Turtles
Gordon Lightfoot
Zager & Evans
Tommy James
a-ha
Def Leppard (OK, I confess to feeling particularly guilty about this one)

Thankfully, I can explain them all away by saying "It's ironic!"

No comments: