Saturday, March 14, 2009

Encore! Encore!

Because I'm feeling rather listless today (har har)...I'm in the mood to post this list of "The Top 10 Most Overlooked Band Members."

I'd like to make one crucial addition to that title. This is a list of the most undeservedly overlooked band members. It excludes those guys who have been overlooked for a good reason--most often, their suckiness.

I can't find much to argue with about this list, which is odd, because I'm usually a big snob about these things. A few points:

1. Tina Weymouth deserves to be bumped up a couple notches, if for no other reason than her willingness to tolerate David Byrne.

2. Is George Harrison really "overlooked"? If you land on the cover of Time magazine after you die, I think you forfeit that title.

3. Good to see Richard Manuel get some recognition; the same with Garth Hudson; both men also sport some of the best facial hair in rock music.

4. Michael Anthony was "literally the backbone" of Van Halen? He actually was a stiff column of bone, blood vessels and nerves providing support and structure to the band?

No comments: