Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Das Kapital: The Musical

(Scene: A Grim Factory)

BLOATED PLUTOCRAT
Behold my lovely factory!
Watch those turbines spin!
All I do is sit here
And each day more cash rolls in

Oh, I adore my money
I'd kiss it if I could
I've always felt that money
Should be the highest good

Some folks say that men like me
Keep the workers down
And it's true that I do own
More than half this town

But that's the way it should be
The working man's a sheep
All he knows is work, work, work
And, on occasions, sleep

NOBLE, OPPRESSED WORKER
Not so fast, o bloated one
At last the time has come
For men like me to turn on you
Who treated us like scum

You cut our wages, taxed us blind
And gave us dust to eat
For far too long the working man
Has languished 'neath your feet

No more! No more! A brand new day
Has finally begun
A day when all the working men
Will rise up like the sun

KARL MARX
That's the way it's going to go
For more, please read my book
It's nearly a thousand pages
But please, still take a look

No comments: