Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's That Time of Year Again

You guessed it: it's time for Beloit College's Annual College Mindset List! Woooo! Go lists! If you're not familiar with the concept of the mindset list, then I pity you. But I will do my best to explain. The mindset list is a list of the way we--and by "we," I mean "college students"--think about life, culture, etc.

Here are some of the gems from this year's list:

3: They have always been looking for Carmen Sandiego.

And we're going to get her someday, mark my words. Her incredible escape from us in Burkina Faso was a fluke! A fluke!

26: Wayne Newton has never had a mustache.

Wayne who?

46: The Green Bay Packers (almost) always had the same starting quarterback.

In retrospect, the 4-year-old Aaron Rodgers was a little green to start at QB.

55: 98.6 F or otherwise has always been confirmed in the ear.

I've heard legends--horrible, disgusting legends--but I always discounted them as poppycock.

No comments: