Friday, August 22, 2008

Double Dip

A good story with a great headline. The great one first:

"Penguin targets lonely bookworms."

If you're ever home alone late at night, curled up with the latest John Grisham book, and you hear a dull slapping sound coming closer, closer...run! Run, or the penguins will get you!

Now on the what the story is actually about. Allow me to quote from the story:

Members will be asked to list their favourite books in their profile and will be able to search for suitors with similar literary tastes.

"Hi, my name's Bing, and my favorite books include "Tropic of Cancer," "Portnoy's Complaint," and the collected works of the Marquis de Sade."

"Hi, I'm Gary and I love 'Mein Kamp.'"

"My name is Alex and my favorite books are 'Go, Dog, Go!" and 'The Cat in the Hat." I'm not a six-year-old screwing around online, I swear!"

The possibilities are endless! I guess that's why it's frightening.