Monday, February 9, 2009

Only 10 Things?

If you're a Star Wars fan, you might want not to read "10 Things Science Fiction Got Wrong." All six movies contain gross violations of #1, 2, 3, 4, 9, and 10, and--depending on your interpretation of certain characters--#5 and 6 as well.

My personal favorite would have to be #3--"Laser Bolts You Can Dodge." Even when I was eight years old, I thought it was ridiculous that Luke or Han could escape a laser blast just by ducking behind a door.

"Hey," I remember my eight-year-old brain thinking, "If laser bolts are so slow, why don't the stormtroopers don't just use machine guns? Wouldn't those be a lot harder to dodge?" But before I could get any further, I would usually start thinking about apple juice, and my train of thought would be lost.

No comments: