Monday, September 1, 2008

Next Up is MySpace: The Movie

From p. 27 of the screenplay for Aaron Sorkin's new film about Facebook:

MARK ZUCKERBURG: I've done it! At long last, I've done it!

MARK'S FRIEND: What are you talking about, Zuck?

MARK: I've created the perfect social networking site! Look, you can meet your friends...edit your profile...you can even post photos you've taken. It's going to kick MySpace's ass up and down cyberspace!

MARK'S FRIEND: Hmm...looks pretty good. I think it's missing something, though.

MARK: What? What on earth could I possibly have left out?

MARK'S FRIEND: How about an absurd, pointless function that morons will use to irritate everyone they come in contact with?

MARK: One step ahead of you, Mark's Friend! Behold: the "poke"!

MARK'S FRIEND: (Gasping) Why, it's the most beautiful think I've ever seen!

MARK: Ha ha, yes, soon non-idiotic people will be wishing they never heard the word poke! And now, Zuckerbergbook is finally complete!

No comments: