Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Will Schultz Cookbook

For years, I've been in search of hobby. I've picked up a few things along the way, but nothing has stuck.

For a while, I tried collecting things. First I collected stamps. Then I realized there is nothing more boring in the world than collecting stamps, except maybe collecting coins. Sadly, I realized that only after a brief stint as a coin collector.

I also did sports, to even less avail. I was too slow for soccer, too short for basketball, and too male for women's volleyball. Fencing was OK, until I had an unfortunate mishap that I'd rather not talk about for reasons both personal and legal.

But I think I might have finally hit upon the perfect hobby: cooking! True, it destroys whatever manliness credentials I had. The only way I could be considered manly again is if I took up mixed martial arts.

Cooking does have one big, big advantage, though. Whatever you make, you eat. Can you say that about coin collecting? No! I found that out through personal experience. A very painful personal experience.

Anyway, I thought I could use this blog to share a couple of my favorite recipes with you. Look for "The Will Schultz Cookbook" as yet another regularly irregular feature of this blog. For my first number:

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. Pour ½ cup of sugar into a bowl
2. Add 2 eggs
3. Buy a package of Chips Ahoy!
4. Put Chips Ahoy! In bowl with eggs and sugar
5. Mix indifferently
6. Take out Chips Ahoy!
7. Eat Chips Ahoy!
8. Mmmm….

If you're in a hurry, you can skip steps 1 and 2. If you're in a big hurry,, you can skip steps 1-7.

No comments: