Friday, January 16, 2009

Pick 'Em

Bill Simmons, of Bill Simmons fame, offers his NFL playoff picks. Be warned: the man went 0-4 last week.

Of course, I can't claim to be doing much better. In my infinite wisdom, I picked the Carolina Panthers to win the Super Bowl. And barring some unforeseen circumstance--namely, the sudden and inexplicable death of everyone on the Eagles and Cardinals--that's probably not going to happen.

So what are MY picks, as if you care? For your reading pleasure:

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES beat the ARIZONA CARDINALS
Simple mascotnomics. A cardinal cannot beat an eagle.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS beat the BALTIMORE RAVENS
Mascotnomics doesn't apply here, unfortunately, because nobody knows what the hell a Steeler is. I pick the Steelers, then, because their quarterback has the cooler nickname. In fact, he's the only quarterback with a nickname. No contest, really.

Now go out and place those bets! And remember, I get half.

No comments: