Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Thrill of Defeat...and the Agony...of Defeat

Yes, UNC lost. Again. Dropping us to 0-2--tied for last place--in the ACC. Maybe I'm being a Gloomy Gus, but I don't think we're going to go undefeated this year.

But moping won't fix anything. Let's try to look on the bright side of things. Every cloud has a silver lining, right? Here are some of the positive aspects of tonight's loss:

1. Tyler Hansbrough did not break his leg
2. Ty Lawson did not contract tetanus halfway through the game
3. Deon Thompson did not suffer a psychotic episode (though considering the way he played, maybe a touch of psychosis would have done the trick)
4. Danny Green did not die

See? I'm feeling better already! I feel happy...oh so happy...I feel...I...OH GOD IT'S ALL OVER WE'RE NEVER GOING TO WIN ANOTHER GAME WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

Sorry. Sorry. Slipped into a funk there. But really, I'm going to keep hope alive for a little longer. If we win the championship, nobody outside Winston-Salem and Chestnut Hill will care that we lost to Wake Forest and Boston College.

First, though, comes winning the championship. And it looks like we've got a long way to go before we play with the big boys. My recommendation to Coach Williams? Call a team meeting. Select one player at random, though preferably not one of the good ones. Take out a gun and blow him away. If that doesn't send a message, I don't know what will.

No comments: