Sunday, January 18, 2009

Map Happy

There's only one thing I like better than lists: maps. In their graceful contours and bold shadings, one can read the very pulse of history. Plus, I like the pretty colors.

To recap: I like lists. I like maps. Imagine my mind-boggling joy, then, when I discovered this list of maps. Why, the only thing that could make this better was if it mentioned William McKinley.

Take a look at these maps and see what cool things you can find. Here are some things I learned in just forty-five seconds of browsing:

1. There's a town in Moldavia called "Bender"
2. Genghis Khan conquered some people called the Tanguts, whoever the heck they were
3. Sargon's empire was a bit overrated, to tell the truth

You see? The fun just never stops!

2 comments:

Benstrider said...

Are you sure that was the right link?

WS said...

Tis fixed!