Monday, January 26, 2009

Oscar MAAAAAAAAAAADNESS!

My Best Picture pick--"Milk," for those of you who don't keep up with all things Will-related--is looking less and less likely, especially now that "Slumdog Millionaire" captured the top film prize at the PGA awards. I could be wrong, but I also think it took home the SAG award. And then there's the CGA and OAG prizes, but the less said about those, the better.*

I didn't really think Slumdog could do it. I thought, and still sort-of think, that the Academy will be reluctant to hand the little bald boy off to a movie that doesn't involve 1) pretentious, highbrow themes 2) a major historical figure or 3) a major historical figure caught up in pretentious, highbrow themes. Remember, Academy voters are liberal about everything except their films. When it comes to those, they're more conservative than Jerry Falwell at nine o'clock on a Sunday morning.

I've been a bit lazy, so I haven't done a full Oscar breakdown. But I'm sure you've all been craving one, so let me assure you: your patience will soon be rewarded!

*Not real prizes**

**As far as I know***

***Which isn't really that far****

****I'll stop now

No comments: