Sunday, July 18, 2010

Betrayal

Saw a T-shirt the other day--it read "We are all witnesses...to the bull[expletive deleted]." For non-basketball fans, this bon mot is a jeering reference to the LeBron James slogan "We are all witnesses." Obviously, the wearer was a jilted Cavs fan.

My first thought was, Wow, that was quick. He left less than a week ago and already you have T-shirts? But then I realized that some Cleveland entrepreneur probably had anti-LeBron t-shirts ready to go an hour before "the king" announced he was taking his talents to South Beach.

Which leads me to this hypothesis: the importance of any event is proportional to the speed with which it appears on a t-shirt. What I don't know is whether this relationship is directly or inversely proportional. Considering "Don't tase me, bro" was probably on a t-shirt less than five minutes after the guy got zapped, I'm inclined to think the answer is "inversely."

No comments: