Thursday, May 21, 2009

#1 in a Galaxy Far, Far Away

I always thought Star Wars was the greatest science fiction film of all time, but now Mr. Moviefone has gone and made it official.

You know, when you think about it, there haven't been that many "great" science fiction films. "Stars Wars," "Close Encounters of the Third Kind," and "Blade Runner" were all pretty good, but the pickings get awfully slim beyond that.

I'm not counting "2001: A Space Odyssey" as a science fiction film. I'm not even counting it as a film at all. I would argue that it is simply the essence of pure boredom, somehow condensed into cinematic form.

Here's my Top Five Science Fiction films:

1. Star Wars
2. Probably Star Wars again
3. Blad--eh, Star Wars
4. Gone With the Solar Wind
5. Star Wars: The Wrath of Khan

No comments: