Thursday, December 11, 2008

We Three Kings of Chicago Are...

From the Fifth Chapter of the Book of Cliff, the Least Known Apostle:

And lo, a star did shine in the east. Or possibly it did shine in the west. But lo, there was a star, and it was shining, probably in the east with a slight chance of being in the west. Or perhaps it did shine in the north, but that makes not a difference to my story.

As I was sayingeth, the star was shining, and LO! One man looked up and beheld it. And he beheldeth it in all its beholdethness, and as he beholded the beholdable, the very beholdability of the star did strike him to the quick. I mean, did striketh him to the quick. The quicketh.

And so he and his wife did travel east, or west, or possibly south. And they came upon a babe lying in a manger. And when I sayeth "babe" I implore ye not to make any cheap cracks about babes. When I sayeth babe, I mean a baby.

He looked upon the babe, and thus did he declare: "Hi, my name's Barack Obama and I'm running for president. I need your vote this Christmas season so that we can finally bring change to the Middle East."

No comments: