Sunday, April 6, 2008

Quiz Bowl Madness

Hey, dear reader! I am smugly pleased to report that UNC's Quiz Bowl team did pretty well at a University of Maryland tournament this weekend. We had close games (we won one by 5 points!) and a few games that were not quite as close (we lost one by by 350 points!), but much more importantly, we had fun. And pancakes at IHOP, which is even more important than fun.

And I'd like to take a few moments to boast about my own performance. I answered a question about the classic Prince track "1999" after hearing only the first few lines, talking about how it mentions a "purple sky". Now, I might not be so good at literature, science, art, and history, but I've got Prince songs down cold.

So, with that in mind, I hope you'll excuse my absence yesterday. Wait, who am I kidding--no one missed by absence, because no one knew I was gone, because no one reads this blog. As Charlie Brown would say, "Sigh..."

No comments: