Friday, October 10, 2008

Appetite for Dr. Pepper

Sad that it took Dr. Pepper to finally call Axl Rose's bluff. The good doctor has promised everyone in America--every man, woman, child, and man-child--a free can of the bubbly stuff if Rose gets around to releasing "Chinese Democracy" in 2008.

Let's see. It took the Beatles about a year to produce "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band," which I think most sane people will judge as the greatest album ever made. Axl has been at work on "Chinese Democracy" for, oh, I don't know, ten years?

What I'm saying is that "Chinese Democracy" had better be the most knock-your-socks off album ever made, or people are going to wonder just what the hell Axl's been doing this past decade. I have a theory of my own, and it rhymes with "bluin' beroin."

No comments: