Monday, June 14, 2010

Wish I Were in DC

Back in Washington DC. Third time in four years, as a matter of fact. Something draws me to the city like a Snickers draws a fat kid. Actually, that metaphor makes sense. Most of my fond Washington memories involve food: the bite-size burgers at Matchbox, the Old Glory hot dog with the relative dimensions of a riot club, the slightly stale chocolate doughnuts from the 7-11.

But enough about food. I'm only making myself hungry without purpose. I figured that, as long as I'm in DC for the summer, I might as well document the goings-on and whatever. Not my work, of course, which is STRICTLY PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL AND WOULD REQUIRE ME TO KILL YOU IF I TOLD YOU ABOUT IT. Seriously. It was part of the paperwork I signed. If I tell a friend about work, I am required to kill them in no less than thirty-five (35) business days.

No, this blog will (hopefully) talk about the little things I see in Washington, the inconsequential bits of city life that drift by, unnoticed by everyone except an intern shambling his way up Eye Street. Enjoy!

1 comment:

JohnInPune said...

About time you started documenting daily life in DC!